TERMS & CONDITIONS
Race the Neighbours 2022 participant terms and conditions
1) Age Limit
We regret that we are unable to accept runners under 16 years of age. In purchasing your entry you confirm that you will be 16 years or older on the day of the event.
2) Medical Waiver
In purchasing your entry you confirm that:
- you have entered this race at your own risk and are medically fit to run 10 kilometres
- you will not compete on the day of the race unless you are medically fit to do so on that day
- to the extent permitted by English Law neither the organisers, nor their sponsors or suppliers will be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury resulting from your participation in this race
- the organisers have informed you that the use of iPods or personal stereos is not recommended at this event for safety reasons
- you agree to abide by marshals’ directions at all times
- you will not participate in the event without first completing the next of kin and medical details form on the back of your race number.
3) Cut-off Time
The race has a 90 minute cut-off time for completion after which time the course markings will start to be removed and marshal positions vacated. Any entrant running at a speed slower than this may be asked to cut short their run at around 6km and return to the finish area via a shortened route.
4) Personal Data
Race the Neighbours collects, stores and processes the following types of personal data in connection with the organisation and management of the race: Name, address, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, phone number. Some or all of this data is shared with Race Space, Run Britain, England Athletics, UK Athletics, Mailchimp and our race timing company and other parties where required as part of the ongoing operation and management of the race. We also use your e-mail address to help us promote the race, for example by sending reminders about race entries, to communicate with you about race arrangements, and to let you know about future events. Your data is not used in any other way or shared with any other third party. We never sell your data to a third party. By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge and accept our right to process your data in the manner described in this clause.
5) Refund Policy
The race organisers regret that they are unable to offer refunds once places have been purchased.
Until 31st May 2022 race entrants have the options to either (1) transfer their place to another runner, or (2) defer the place until next year. You can do this using our race management software and will be charged a small administration charge.
If a race entrant is found to have passed on his/her assigned race number to anyone else other than in accordance with these terms then the race organisers reserve the right to disqualify the record of that runner from the final race results.